Today was race day … and the weather was scheduled to give us thunder showers … well, Mother nature couldn’t have surprised us more! We ended up with humid, 80’s, bright sunny weather. Now, please, don’t misunderstand me .. normally I would love the heat .. especially during kayak season .. but for an 8.5 mile road race … it would benefit all of us if it was 50’s and cloudy. Let’s just say I finished the race! There will be no bragging rights! I was contemplating a 10 miler next week … I’m seriously reconsidering!
On to more cheery news .. did I mention that my awesome photo teacher gave me a lens to play with? .. I am falling in love again .. it’s the coolest thing and I certainly haven’t experimented with it to it’s fullest capabilities … (life seems to keep getting in the way!) With this new lens, and a friend’s flower garden .. it’s been fun shooting.
So really, this weekend was great .. I was able to enjoy my three favorite activities .. kayaking, running and photo taking .. now if only I could make money while enjoying them!!
Sounds like a great weekend! That flower shot is amazing. What lens is it? I am jonesing for a 50mm
ReplyDeleteOH.MY.GOSH. that photo is freakin' AWESOME! You took that? WOW... is it some sort of macro lens? I would love to have time to just learn to take photos like that. Having children in all 3 different stages of life rather prohibits that if I want to do anything else. LOL.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing kayak races or jogging races?
Did you get my other e-mail replies to some of your posts? I figure they may have gone to your junk mail folder.
mamadriggs@verizon.net is my e-mail. :)