Monday, June 21, 2010

Manic Monday

I haven't played this meme in a long time ... click here to play along!

As an adult, what is your favorite thing about summer?
Well, after getting over the fact that we don't get summers off??
Bring on the sunshine and the heat! I used to love camping with our pop up camper, because this chick doesn't do tenting on the ground! Of course I MAY enjoy a little bit of kayaking .. to me summer is about fun in the sun!

What was your favorite thing about summer when you were a kid? As a small child, summer was bitter sweet ... we loved where we went to school .. but summer meant that everyone left because we didn't live in the traditional ways .. so for every summer we would go to Holland for 6-8 weeks ... although it was great to see my grandparents ... our house was in this little town that we nicknamed Ghost town because it literally had nothing. As an adult looking back .... OMG .. the house was on a frikkin' LAKE!!!!!! ON A LAKE ......did we take advantage .....??? NOOOO!! We had a tiny little sailboat, which I did learn how to sail in ...we also had a little speed boat that my (cutie pie) neighbor (who was 20 when I was 12 and I had a crazy crush on him) would take me for a ride in ...
We would ride our bikes every where ... we would love it when our parents left because we would blast our music ..another plus: going to Holland also meant great food!  yummmmm!



In 2010, it will be the summer of _new adventures ______.

Tomorrow my teenagers are leaving for four weeks ... I'm a little apprehensive .. the longest I have been apart from them is when I left for Amsterdam for 10 days, and I left them at home with their dad. Now they are embarking on a whole new journey ... their dad has a new wife, with three of her own .. they are living in a different house, in a different town from what the teenagers are used to... away from friends they had met while in Texas. I hope they will  be okay. Neither of them are enthusiastic about going ... my heart is sad to see them go because they are not jumping up and down with excitement .... it's going to be weird to be home with only the cats and dog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man.... yeah.. yuck. I feel for you. I'm welcoming home my 11 year old this Saturday after having been gone 3 weeks with his dad in Iowa. He calls me about 2-3 times a day bored out of his mind and not wanting to be there. He's ready to come HOME...even though butthead is trying to guilt him into wanting to move up there to live with him (can you say trying to weasel out of child support? It's pathetic!)

    ReplyDelete