Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fabulous Kayak weekend!

So this will  be a double post .. which means it counts as two posts since I am falling behind … only because I had such a great weekend!! First a little ridiculous news …. just slap the “L” on my forehead … I was going to run a race .. but oh, you can’t run a race on Sunday when it was scheduled on Saturday! Shall we review the ‘how to read a calendar’ class again ….. …..!

Okay .. on to new and much better things! Saturday night I had the pleasure of experiencing something new: a full moon paddle on the Penobscot! It was so cool! … and added benefit … there was an eagle perched on a tree. The pictures aren’t that great because I didn’t want to bring the Rebel .. so it was a point and shoot and my I phone .. and it was getting dark out. This was such a cool experience .. I’m definitely doing it again in July .. thank goodness the full moon comes out every month!

C62710 032 C62710 033

Of course no real good pictures of the full moon…!

Belfast kayak 015

So today I went and kayaked on my most favorite river ..in Belfast. You launch in the harbor and then paddle up and it becomes a river. I have no idea when it turns from ocean water to river … one of those mysteries I will just enjoy paddling in … but the weather was perfect .. and it felt so great to be back on this body of water.  On the way back the wind had picked up and it was tough going back towards the harbor .. that’s when the eagle was spotted. I’m surprised the picture came out as well as it did considering every time I stopped paddling, I would float backwards and sway side to side, away from him.

What a great weekend!! If the weather stays this great … my kayak and I are going to best friends! Between this weekend and last weekend I saw so many places where you could paddle to, climb out and just spread a blanket, bring a lunch, a good book and relax for the day …….

ahhhhh … i love being back in Maine!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! So I ahve a question for you... are you ever worried about those in boats? It seems around these parts that Texans are all about their beer...and their boats... how do you make sure you're "seen" ESPECIALLY at night... I think I'd be worried I'd be run down.

    Your iPhone takes AWESOME photos! Wow...

    ReplyDelete