Teenager: Mom, I’m getting dressed so that we can go buy poster board for my room. (she wants to cover her wall with poster board so she can ‘personalize’ her room)
Mom: Uhh..now? I’m doing the bills …
Teenager: Just get dressed mom, so we can go! (She’s not pushy or anything ….maybe a tad bit demanding …)
Mom: *sigh*.. okay next to AC Moore is Old Navy, I need to buy your brother some shorts and a pair of jeans (note: ‘buy your brother …)
We picked up my adopted daughter, her bff, and off we went. We first went to the arts and craft store and spent way too much time there .. by the time we hit Old Navy, we were all hungry and cranky. I soon realized that we weren’t in Old Navy for teenager’s brother .. but for her! Oh no, no-no! My poor son has one pair of shorts, three pair of jeans and he has to hold on to them while he walks because they are falling off of him …. she, on the other hand, belongs to the ‘friend exchange club’ … leaving the house with one outfit, and coming home wearing something different. “where did you get those jeans?” “oh, from Annie … we exchanged..”
So…. >screeeeech<.. put on those shopping brakes … we need to leave the store because it’s only going to get bad from here ….
T: MOM.. I’m hungry! Let’s go out and eat …. (again, that tad bit demanding tone)
M: Let’s go to the mall, we can grab so egg rolls and go to JCP …
T: NO, let’s go to Miguel’s … fried ice cream, MOM! I’m so in the mood for Beef Fajitas ..
Too tired to argue .. to Miguel’s we go …. unlimited chips and salsa… then the real meal .. dessert?? Fried ice cream and flan .. .. bff chimes up and says
“oh, this is so much better than egg roles in the mall ..”
T: okay, I don’t care if we don’t go to the mall anymore, I’m too full to try on clothes … let’s just go home ..
Wait, who was it that needed clothes ?!?
Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!! See, this is why God blessed me with boys.
ReplyDelete