Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My dad

Today, 7  years a go, my dad passed away. It was my first real experience of death and dying. He died from cancer, it was a long battle .. his last 2 months were the most difficult. I miss my dad a lot! I miss his voice, and I miss his calming soul. He always had words of wisdom. He was very smart .. and very charming. He enjoyed life .. and made sure to live life to the fullest .. sometimes not always making the best choices!

This sounds so crazy … when we celebrated his life, I learnt so much more about him. I was able to hear stories from his brothers . As we each said our share, it was interesting to notice that the theme of each story demonstrated how he lived his life to the fullest.. and always made sure to do what he wanted to do… and that when it came time .. he was happy.

I remember one conversation, when I was crying he told me not to be sad because he had lived a good life, that he had watched his daughters grow up,  and that we  were all happy, which made him content … it’s strange how life brings us back to basics ..

Life is  too short .. live life, laugh often and love passionately!

OPA PORTRAIT NEW

1 comment:

  1. Wow... make me cry won't ya? What a beautiful tribute to your dad. He was a very handsome man. He has a very calming and honest face.

    I dread the day I lose mine... he's the most decent person I know. The world needs more people like my dad in it.

    ReplyDelete