How about Oranje? For those who aren’t following .. the Dutch Soccer Team .. Arjen Robben .. mmm yummy! But then again .. soccer players are just plain yummy .. .. okay, okay .. not as yummy as my Peyton .. for now I will have to watch Arjen, and then soon enough ….. yumminess! Well, I really went off topic .. Holland made it into the quarter finals .. their next game is Friday .. thank goodness we are closed that day .. the game schedule is totally not conducive to the American public .. .what were they thinking?? So, I have had to sneak on line and watch little blurbs move around like the game pong!
Here is some yumminess!!
Hey .. No judging allowed .. this is my fantasy!
***teenager update: Day 4 Teenager girl wants to come home! She misses her boyfriend, and just feels like the three weeks remaining will be an eternity .. oh girlie girl …Let’s talk! ***
I hate not being able to fix this for her … another new lesson in life!
It's SO SAD when your kids are in that situation. I think (as a dad), he'd recognize those feelings, validate them and give her an option that if she CHOOSES to leave early, that it really IS okay. I woul dhave to feel like my kids were FORCED to see me, you know? Josh... I think I told you... my 11 year old finally stood up to his dad to tell him he did NOT want to come up there for 5 weeks this summer. Big fireworks ensued between them but ... he was there for 3 weeks and 2 days and ...
ReplyDeletewell, the first week..he was fine... not a peep from him. The second week he called me about every other day... third week, he was calling every day... toward te end of the week, about 3-4 times a day..texting me. Poor kid was missing home and bored out of his mind.
Thing is, at home, he FEELS at home. There, his dad apparently is wanting to change him to be something that HE finds acceptable. He's not just allowing him to BE who he is. It's very sad.
And... I think David Beckham is sexy. :) Shhh..don't tell!
I wondered how long A would last there.
ReplyDeleteCan you believe I haven't watched one minute of soccer?