Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 …A brand new year

Happy New Year! I’m going to try and get back to blogging .. I miss writing and I miss taking pictures .. I’m hoping that one will spark the other. 2012 is poised to be a good year .. I’m ready!

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? actually took a beach vacation
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make a New Year’s resolution .. I did make one for this year; simply to build a home, from the inside
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not that I am aware of!
4. Did anyone close to you die?  No, thank goodness not. 
5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? pay attention to my needs
6. What countries did you visit? Mexico … does Las Vegas count?
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?  It’s silly .. Aug 10 because I was asked to be exclusive. Yet there are other dates … Dec 7 .. I was fired from my job; a blessing in disguise
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Keeping somewhat sane with two teenagers!
9. What was your biggest failure? see question 7
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? thank goodness not .. still battling an old running injury
11. What was the best thing you bought? my Miele vacuum cleaner … love, love, love it!
12. Where did most of your money go? rent, gas and bills
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?  Give Me Everything by Pittbull
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
     i. happier or sadder? I think happier … not really sure
     ii. thinner or fatter? at this actual point, thinner .. I accidentally lost 10 lbs. in December due to stress! But that won’t last
     iii. richer or poorer? financially poorer! Loss of a job will do that to you!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? spend more time at home
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? spend time wishing and wondering
18. Did you fall in love in 2011? I think I tried
19. How many one-night stands? Absolutely NONE!
20. What was your favorite TV program? Not too big of a TV watcher .. but am happy Football is back, despite Peyton’s MIA
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I am not a hater
22. What was the best book you read? I read  two .. but couldn’t tell you the names anymore!
23. What was your greatest musical discovery? … I switch monthly! I will like Give Me Everything .. “grab somebody sexy ..” great dancing song
24. What did you want and get? On Dec 23 I got a job offer that I wanted to allow me a new career
25. What was your favorite film of this year? I finally watched Bridesmaid … GREAT
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 45 .. and really.. don’t remember what I did for my birthday .. is that a sign that I am older? The kids and I went to Miguel’s ..
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Personal strength .. I don’t think I stand up for myself like I should
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Okay, let’s explain this question .. I’m confused!
29. What kept you sane? Running, Kayaking, wine and pretzel M&M’s  (not necessarily in that order!)
30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011: That trust factor keeps rearing it’s ugly head!
31. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
      “Me not working hard? Yeah, right, picture that with a Kodak …
       Took my life from negative to positive and I want y’all to know that
       And tonight, let’s enjoy life …
       Tonight I will love, love you tonight
       Give me everything tonight, for all we know we might not get tomorrow
       Grab somebody sexy, tell ‘em hey Give me Everything tonight!”
        
Here’s to a great new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment