Saturday was another race day … just what I needed to get back a little bit of that ‘feeling’. I’ve been in a funk lately, not really wanting to get up in the morning to go running. I’m not sure if it’s the late night blogging, treadmill burnout .. or just life. I was in an “undetermined-to-what-type-of” relationship, and a couple of weeks ago it ended completely. Sad doesn’t quite cover the range of emotions I am going through .. so trying to get back into my normal groove has been difficult. I’m frustrated with myself .. normally I am stronger than this. All my girlfriends have told me to move on and move forward .. I’m struggling!! I think the Dixie Chicks sang it best when they said “somebody tell my head to try to tell my heart, that I’m better off …” .. I realized yesterday that I feel lost! I’ve never felt lost before … how is that possible? I think I have always held him at a distance, not wanting him to come in too much. .. but perhaps I fooled myself. Damn, don’t you just hate it when your self gets the better of you?
oh, I digress .. yes, yesterday was race day .. it felt good to run again.. I’m looking to find my focus again .. I’m hoping this is it.. the next race is a 15k race in Sugarloaf .. it’s a long ride .. a couple of my friends are going .. and so now I am debating it too.
Yesterday’s race put some of my running into perspective .. there were over 70 yr old women running, and the 1st place runner (in the over 70 group), beat my time by a lot!!!! That’s what I want to be like .. in 30 years!! Now I just need to tell my hips to cooperate .. !
I admire anyone that runs--even if it is just around the block!
ReplyDeleteLove the field of tulips.
ReplyDeleteAfter we move, I am considering doing one of those couch to 5K running programs. I AM NOT A RUNNER...
when did you start running?
Loss of any sort requires a grieving period... take your time and then... well, run with it.
ReplyDeleteRemember WHY you run, what you want to accomplish and then realize people like me (who aren't there yet) are silently cheering you on because we want to be like you in that way.