Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday 13 - Summer!

So this week I had to discuss the teenagers’ summer plans with the ex….

This brought me to the thoughts of my summer … and wondering what I’ll be doing while they are gone .. so here is my list for Thursday 13 … if you want to play, click here.

  1. To go to Vermont for a weekend - possibly Stowe, I want to take pictures there
  2. Run the Fourth of July race (I think the Fourth is going to be a difficult time for me.. it’s one of my favorite days, and not to have the kids here will be strange)
  3. Take my kayak and go to Bay of Fundy, the Hopewell Rocks in particular.
  4. Running a race in August
  5. Hopefully get to spend a weekend in Quechee Vermont .. I love it up there ..
  6. I keep telling my favorite cousin that he should come for a visit while the youngsters are gone .. what a blast we would have!
  7. Go to the a coastal town, not sure which one .. Boothbay, Bar Harbor, Camden .. they are all pretty ~ photo opportunities.
  8. Last year I missed out on a couple of field trips with the photography class, so hopefully this year I can catch it
  9. Considering they are only gone for four weekends, some of my to-do list will be while they are here.
  10. I thought about a camping trip with the teenagers .. but I think I am too spoiled .. tenting is not an option, and realistically, I’m not going to haul a camper… been there, done that.. so, okay, not on the list!
  11. I'm struggling! … could it be that I am out of  ideas for the summer .. say it isn’t so!
  12. Kayaking goes without saying .. there is a chance that my old time kayak partner and I may try to meet up in New York .. but it’s a stretch …. that would be a dangerous combination.
  13. Okay … eat lobster at least once! RMay3109 001

Happy Thursday 13~ what’s your list?

5 comments:

  1. I need to take a photography class! That would be a great thing to do this summer.

    Sounds very active and full of life, this list! I enjoyed it. My TT is at http://bluecountrymagic.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the time will fly by. Enjoy your time alone, even if you spend some of the time home alone with a good book. Spend some 'all about me' time. It will make you a better mom. *wink
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- I'm jealous. I've got nothing planned.

    Have a great Thursday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/47-percent-americans-pay-federal-income-tax/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great summer. No orders for us yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you'll be keeping busy, even if you won't have your kids around.

    ReplyDelete