Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

t13-71

So, back in May I did a T13 with random questions from People magazine .. there are enough doctor/orthodontist/dentist visits .. so more questions were collected! Feel free to copy and paste .. go ahead.. take advantage of my hard work ..!! Make sure to sign in at T13 to say you played!

Generally when I play these questionnaire things I try to answer with the first thing that comes to mind .. kind of like when you take a multiple choice test. Of course, it can get you into serious trouble at times ... and other times you realize you could have been much more PC .. but what fun is that?! Kind of like the whole truth serum thing ... drink a little too much .. and oops! WATCH OUT ...those words come flowing out!!

 

Guilty Pleasure: Can I say I don't have one? Oh .. okay .. I have many .. my favorite, in the summer .. a long day on the water in my kayak

 

Drives Me Crazy: Bruce ...yes, my dog .. not the man (Bruce Willis) ... although men ...

 

Wish I Had: A money tree .. don't misunderstand me, I'm not materialistic .. I want to provide better for my kids ..

 

Could Really Use: More days off .. paid of course! I believe we should adopt Holland's policy and have six weeks paid vacation ..

 

Deserted Island Must Have: Silly, silly ... kayak and paddle ... sun tan oil #4 .... okay,  a stud muffin to apply the oil ... one of those canopy beds on the beach .. was this one of those 'only one item' things?! oops!

 

One of the Hobbies: I would like to perfect is my photo style .. sometimes I feel like I'm all over the place ..

 

Secret Obsession: this is a trick .. once on blog, it is no longer a "secret" obsession .. haha! Do I even have an obsession? I guess that's a question for my girlfriends .. okay .. sometimes it's the quest for the perfect picture .. I don't think I obsess a lot .. maybe in phases .. haha! :next question!

 

Personal Play list: Like as in music? Right now I have a few songs, House That Built Me, The Only Exception .. I'm in the reflective mode right now

 

Place to Go Back to: Repulse Bay, Hong Kong. That is what first came to mind .. not sure why, I think because during my junior year I went there often during school .. and if I pondered long enough, then I would like to go back to Penang, beach ..Bali, beach ... Hawaii, beach ..... hmmmmmm, oh my! I think I just created a pattern!

 

Favorite Chore: so, I like to fold laundry .. 

 

Role Model: ugh .. that's tough .. I used to have a role model about 15 years ago .. a co-worker who seemed so balanced in life.. I don't know if I have a role model anymore .. maybe that is why I lack direction .. haha! I think there are basic rules, and we don't need role models : I just realized, I think I'm too afraid to be disappointed if I made someone my role model and they faltered .. hmmm, what does that mean?

 

Want to Meet/Reunite: I would love to see Paul again ... not for anything but to just say 'hi', and find out how life has treated him.

 

Preferred Greeting: Okay, immediate response: uhhh?? greeting? Like Ms Brandt?! .. or greeting like when you get my voicemail? ... or ... like "hey buddy!" okay, okay .. preferred greeting: always positive and cheerful whether to me or from me

Weekend is almost here!!! Happy Thursday!

IMG_7333

9 comments:

  1. Yep, I'd like visit Hong Kong again too. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today someone greeted me by saying "Girlfriend!" I guess that was upbeat and friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said you wanted to perfect your photos - that one is pretty perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind going back to Hong Kong too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this: I think I'm too afraid to be disappointed if I made someone my role model and they faltered .. hmmm, what does that mean?

    I think it means that you don't NEED one! you have a great moral compass and THAT is your role model!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome shot! did you take it in your kayak?

    I think I greet you with "hey girlie!"

    miss you,

    ReplyDelete
  7. visit from T13, some cute answers there. Enjoy the read and getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea and interesting questions. I'd love to go to Hong Kong the first time ;)

    I don't think I have a role model - lots of people I respect for different reasons, but I'm happy to take little bits to strive for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm taking you up on your offer to copy and paste for a future T13 :)

    ReplyDelete