A new Thursday 13 from me .. Right now! (borrowed from Janet, who borrowed from Dawn)
1. I am thinking… that my belly is full from dinner, that my glass of wine taste delicious ..
2. I am thankful for… my healthy kids, my health .. my jobs .. my friendships and day to day relationship!
3. From the kitchen… the aromatic smell of Sweet Potato Chicken Curry taunting me!
4. I am wearing… Old Navy pink fleece pj pants, t-shirt and fleece sweater .. comfy clothes after a long parent/teacher conference day
5. I am creating… a new life for me and the teenagers ... and I think it's starting to work for us! The parent teacher conferences went so well .. I just kept hearing what great kids they are, how smart they are (if she would only apply herself!) ..
6. I am going… to take a trip to Australia someday.. and take pictures of Koala Bears
7. I am reading… Still reading The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells and can’t wait to start the next book ..
8. I am hoping… that the extra hours of work will pay off at the end ..no pun intended!
9. I am hearing… Dr Phil talking about “mothers(in law) from h*ll” .. and the dog licking things I don’t want to know about ..
10. Around the house… I see lots of pet hair every where .. I need to break down and purchase that fancy vacuum cleaner to make living conditions more acceptable to me.
11. One of my favorite things… a glass of red wine.. so much power in such a little glass
12. A few plans for the rest of the week… hoping to get some extra hours in, since I wasn’t able to go in today... really, I need to also finish framing pictures that I promised my xmil .... since Mother's Day!
13. A picture to share…
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet Potato Chicken Curry - Yum!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading your list. Have a good weekend!
The Food Temptress
I noticed you said 'jobs.' That sounds busy and during these times of downsizing, something to be grateful for indeed.
ReplyDeleteGreat list. I've always wanted to go to Australia! And I agree that Sweet Potato Chicken Curry sounds delicious! Happy T13!
ReplyDeleteYour children are beautiful. Cheers. Happy T13!
ReplyDeleteThat's very nice. You sound very busy and content. All good things.
ReplyDeleteI have learned to count my blessings every day.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/the-13-us-cities-with-the-most-attractive-people-according-to-travel-and-leisure/
You still have parent/teacher conferences? I think that's awesome! Our school system stopped that when the kids went to Jr High. A time, at least in our house, when the kids stop sharing as much and seem to concentrate on the social life more than school work. (can you tell I'm frustrated? lol)
ReplyDeleteI saw that Dr. Phil--yikes!
ReplyDeleteThe World Famous San Diego Zoo is home to many koalas (though they are marsupials not bears) and I would love to someday see those same animals in their native habitat--and I think I'll stop by New Zealand while I'm in the neighborhood.
One of my favorite things is a glass of red wine too! :) Happy T13 (a day late and a dollar short...oops)
ReplyDelete