Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Manic Monday .. very late!

 Okay ... a little late .. but trying to jump start my blogless mind! To play click here!

 Imagine you have a hundred dollars, but you couldn't keep it. You have to give it away to a person or charity. Who would you give it to? What would you want them to do with it?
Really ...? A hundred dollars? That's all? Well, I would give it to Teenager one, and ask him to give half to Teenager two. I'm sure it would be better spent at the local Red Cross, but I think I'm dealing with the guilt factor of taking the kids out of their 'luxury' life ... yes, perhaps I should have stayed, continued to live in a big new home, lived a double income life .. for another 20 years .. empty and alone .. oh wait, I digress ... yes, one hundred dollars to Teenager one, share it and don't buy food with it. (He tends to buy snacks ....)

If you could cook any meal for your friends or family, what would you cook?
I love to cook for friends and family ... it's so satisfying to make something and know that it is being enjoyed .. I know, a tad bit narcissistic .. (but hey, this blog is about me!) It's like Thanksgiving: spend all the time making food, then you have family and friends.. everyone enjoys the meal .. My mom used to make Chili Crab .. my dad would hand sew bibs .. friends would come .. everyone would enjoy! How fun!! My teenagers don't always like what I make .. either it's too weird or too healthy! I'm always looking through Asian recipes looking to make something .. one day, I want to make either Chili Crabs or Indonesian rijsttafel ....  something where we can all sit at a large table, have a small crowd and just laugh and enjoy and eat!



List 5 things you want to do in your life.
oh... just 5!! I'm feeling rather philosophical today!
  1. Love Passionately -  I have let 20 years go by without having that passion .. I've had a taste of it, and for that short time, I loved it, and I know that I want to love like that for a long time... when I am ready ..
  2. Like the Skin I am In - I've been having conversations ..and noticed that my constant theme was that I felt I wasn't good enough in past relationships ..I have been forced to be alone these last couple of months, and I am learning a lot about myself .. I can't love passionately if I don't appreciate the person I am ..
  3. Give my teenagers the tools - I want them to be strong and confident ..I'm sure the whole divorce story wasn't the best path for them .. but I'm hoping that through our life's lessons, they'll take the good, and use it to be successful
  4. Work and play near water - I realized in these last couple of weeks that I am a water person. I'm an energy believer, and I believe that water has my type of energy .. I never felt so out of place when I was in Texas, and I've come to realize that one of the reasons, was because I wasn't around water. I know most of you will think I am crazy .. I am so at peace on the water. So.. that's where I am going to be when the time is right..
  5. Go to Australia and photograph a koala bear! (how tacky was that! I also want to go to the Golden Coast, I want to see the Sydney Harbor bridge .. kangaroos of course! )
 
 
The teenagers came home last night ... they were a bit delayed, and we didn't come home until 2:15 in the morning. The delay was due to the lightening at the airport. Of all days not to have my Rebel with me .. I took this with my IPhone .. the clouds were phenomenal ... I couldn't stop taking pictures; so ominous and scary. Mother nature was certainly in control .. it was truly a moment of realizing how small we are in this world.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic meal!

    I can't believe you got that photo with an iPhone. It's amazing.

    Thanks for visiting my Manic Monday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I remember when a hundred bucks was like... a MILLION! Ha ha! Ok, okay, not a million but ... a LOT more!

    rijsttafel is that a real word? Dude, looks like something you pulled up in your alphabet soup.

    Love your list of 5 things! :)

    ReplyDelete