So, another birthday has come and gone, and once again I am reminded how lucky I am.
2012 came with so much change, and often times I am caught in the superficial drama of life.. but when we stop and just look at what matters most, I quickly realize who and what matters most to me.
My teenagers surprised me on my birthday by taking me on a sunset picnic dinner at Schoodic Point. It was by far one of the best birthdays ever!
We took over 500 pictures .. teenage girl has taken over my camera. I didn't realize she was taking these pictures, and had a great chuckle when I started previewing the pictures the next day.
And of course we needed to get a family portrait using the self timer , first the set up of balancing the camera..
then the quick jaunt to sit in the designated spot, not realizing what 'they' were doing ..
Finally a picture worth framing!
and of course A Schoodic Point sunset!
At the end of the day, I realized how lucky I truly am to have these moments with my teenagers. It's hard to believe that in less than 15 months, both my babies will be on their "own" ... well, somewhat!
No comments:
Post a Comment