
It's been a long time since I have blogged .. here is a new meme .. Wednesday Wickedness .. taking a famous person and using their quotes to start a conversation! Perhaps this will get me started again!
Today's famous person is Mark Twain ....
1. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
Do you let yourself off the hook easily? It depends what it's about .. my mom did a great job teaching us how to feel guilty .. so when it comes to my teenagers, I think I do an awesome job beating myself up ..
2. A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar.
Do you think everyone lies? Yes, unfortunately we all lie .. big lies, little lies .. white lies ... often times I wonder if we create too much of an environment to make the other person lie .. there are so many types of liars .. I have very little tolerance for the 'ask forgiveness instead of permission' liars .... or the ' I'm-not-recognizing-I-need-to-take-accountability' liar ..... what about the "do-you-think-my-butt-looks-big" liar ... that poor liar doesn't stand a chance! In the past I have been lenient with my teenagers when they've been honest with me. I believe in preaching to tell the truth, and let me decide what I'll do with the information ... if you lie ... then the hurt is more from the lie than the actual reason of the lie.
3. A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
What was the last thing that you had to learn the hard way? To only depend on myself
4. A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
What types of things do you read? I like to read information things .. runner's world, cooking light, news stuff, self help, blah, blah .. an occasional chick book
5. A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
Have you ever thought about something that did not exist and later it was invented? hmmm... i don't think so!
6. Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
How well do you think that you observe people? I think I do a decent job. I'm an 'action speaks louder than words' type of gal .. (observe question 2) ... I lived too long with a person that believed in white lies .. so I take words with precaution, and wait for the action to follow .... BUT WAIT, was that really the question?
7. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
Have you ever used humor to diffuse a difficult situation? Ohhhhh .... all the time! It's the only way to get through it all, sometimes!
8. Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
How important is your age to you? Do you ever lie about it or refuse to reveal it? How important is it? Well, from the standpoint .. I'm frustrated that I'm 44, but feel like I'm living again as if I'm a college student .. with teenagers!! I'm floored when I look at pictures of my mom when she was 42, and I clearly remember thinking that was "old" .... so, is my age important? .. when it comes to buying wine ..don't bother asking for ID ..just let me have it! .. when it comes to seeing my
9. All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
How important do you think confidence is? Are you confident? confidence is everything .. but there is a fine line between the BS Artist and the confident person ... believe in what you know ..
10. Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Do you do everything you should to be healthy? oh .. fur sure ..! Let's take a look at what time of year it is .. we just finished Christmas .. I think I may have consumed 20,000 pounds of sugar .. real healthy!
I committed to myself yesterday to be a hard body in 2011 ... which means lean eating and lots of exercise. When I am done with this blog, I am going to create a list of 35 lean meals to prepare. Then I am going to try and schedule a menu. This way all temptation will be gone.. and all that is left is lean food to eat. This is not to say that I won't cheat occasionally ... I just want to have a bikini body by May! (This is NOT a New Year's resolution!)
No comments:
Post a Comment