Sunday, July 10, 2011

A New Project

IMG_8724

Today may start a new project .. lately (okay .. so maybe a little longer than “lately”) my creativity factor has been zero. My blogging abilities are gone, my photo love is lacking… I have just been in a complete funk.

Today I was able to attend an outdoor excursion photo class with some of my old photo friends and wonderful guru-teachers. Bernie (guru number one) gave me a new lesson; a life lesson! He noticed that I wasn’t feeling the love, and hadn’t been for a while. He said that when the creativity juices aren’t flowing, it means that life is too much into your head. In order to be creative, some time needs to be set aside just for yourself so that you can appreciate and be grateful for things around you.

His assignment for me, for a week, was to sit down every night and think about the day and write down six things I am grateful for from the day. The man is brilliant, he said once I have done it for a week, I will automatically look at things differently, and appreciate stuff again which will also clear my head from the chaos we call life! So, I’ve committed to a week.. I need to clear my head so that the juices can flow again!

So here it goes, six things I am grateful for today:

  1. living in Maine – it’s truly a love/dislike relationship. Today was a love day- the weather was perfect, Acadia was gorgeous.. wish we had weather like this year round!
  2. where I live in Maine, I’m 45 minutes to the nearest beach.. and hour and a few minutes away from mountain climbing and ocean living.
  3. Cyn, my  best friend. We share the love of photo taking and we share a great friendship. She is brutally honest with me about everything and slaps me across the head when I need to wake up, yet comforts me with that same honesty. Magnificent friend!
  4. my camera
  5. my new addition to my camera .. 50mm lens .. yay!!! A new world will be opening again!
  6. that my teenagers are teenagers and I can take little day trips and they are okay by themselves ..

So that’s the start .. committed to finding gratification so that creative will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment