So I am proudly copying a title post from April ..
Teenagers
Life with teenagers can be so mystifying .. today I had to have a conversation with my 17 year old son and explain to him why I was not comfortable with having him spend the night at his girlfriend (of 2 weeks). About an hour later I received a text from the girlfriend's mother explaining to me that she bought a blow up mattress, and that she and her 11 year old son would be home ...
Okay, call me a hypocrite .. I had to have the same conversation with my 15 year old daughter several months ago when she asked me the same question and I allowed it. It made me feel so anxious inside, so after two sleepovers, I told her no more. (btw, she slept in the bed with me while he slept downstairs on the couch)
I didn't want to deal with it again, so I called the mom of my son's girlfriend, and explained to her that I wasn't comfortable having my 17 year old son spend the night at her 15 year old daughter's house... then I felt the need to explain why ...
Work
I have never worked for such a dysfunctional company .. everyday something is said, or something happens ..
Ex's
My son explained to me that the reason his dad didn't give him any cash while he was flying from Texas (where dad lives) to Maine, by himself is because dad and wife bought a kitten ... and my son thought this was a reasonable ...
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment